- You can change Alexa’s voice on an Amazon Echo speaker by changing her accent or selecting a different language.
- Keep in mind that changing Alexa’s accent to one other than yours might make it harder for her to understand your commands.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re not a native English speaker, or even if you’re from a certain part of the United States or the UK, then Alexa might not sound like you.
The good news is that you can change Alexa’s voice to various English accents, ranging from Southern US to UK English, or to a number of other languages, including French, Spanish, and Italian.
Amazon has also recently added celebrity voices that you can buy for your Echo, like actor Samuel L. Jackson, who can do things like tell jokes and give basic weather reports.
Here’s how to change Alexa’s voice.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change Alexa’s voice using a mobile device
2. Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner.
3. Select “Settings.”
4. Tap “Device Settings” and then tap your device.
5. Scroll down and tap “Language.”
6. Tap the new dialect or language you want Alexa to use and then tap “OK” to confirm your choice.